Ticket #127 (closed usability: fixed)
Snapshot does not grab window content (incorrect alpha)
|Reported by:||costabel@…||Owned by:||jeremyhu@…|
This is a summary of what was discussed on the X11-user list on June 10-12, thread "empty screenshot"
Problem: Open an X11 window containing graphics content, created by, for example,
- a Tek window opened from an xterm drop-down menu (does not work on 2.3.0-rc4, see another bug, to be filed)
- display from ImageMagick
Then hit cmd-shift-4 and the space bar. This shows a camera symbol. Place it over the X11 window and click.
A snapshot of the window is taken and placed on the Desktop as Picture\ 1.png (count goes up with new snapshots).
An example of what this should show is attached (Picture\ 1.png).
An example of what happens with xquartz-2.2.1 or newer is attached (Picture\ 2.png): The window content is empty.
(Pictures will be attached as soon as I find out how to attach files to this tracker ;-) )
I have not tried to find what version of xquartz is the earliest to show this problem. In any case, the bug is not present in the stock X11 from 10.5.3.
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Version set to 2.2.1 (xserver-1.3)
- Milestone set to 2.3.1
- Priority changed from minor to critical
- Summary changed from Snapshot does not grab window content to Snapshot does not grab window content (incorrect alpha)