Ticket #287 (closed usability: fixed)
DefaultVisual is incorrect in2.4.0
|Reported by:||cdavis@…||Owned by:||jeremyhu@…|
When I attempt to run a program from Wine that uses DirectX or OpenGL under X11.app 2.4.0, this happens:
X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation) Major opcode of failed request: 0 () Value in failed request: 0x22 Serial number of failed request: 515 Current serial number in output stream: 515
Then the app terminates.
I produced a Wine log and found that this was the last line in the log before X fails:
trace:wgl:wglGetProcAddress func: 'glAccum'
When it receives a request for a non-WGL function, the Wine wglGetProcAddress() just calls glXGetProcAddress() to get the function out of libGL. For some reason, this fails in 2.4.0 when passed an ordinary GL function. This has been a problem as long as there's been a 2.4.0 (even in the alphas and betas).
This does not happen in X11.app prior to 2.4.0. This is very annoying, because the primary reason I even have X11 is so I can run Wine applications. Because of this, I am not upgrading to 2.4.x until this issue is fixed.
I know you probably want a profile of my system, so I've attached one. I've also attached the Wine log I produced.
Any help you can offer would be appreciated. (For that matter, I get the feeling that you'd appreciate any help that I can offer!)
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Type changed from crash to usability
- Summary changed from Can't use glXGetProcAddress to get ordinary GL functions in X11.app 2.4.0 to wine d3d fails in 2.4.0
comment:10 Changed 4 years ago by jeremyhu@…
- Summary changed from wine d3d fails in 2.4.0 to glXCreateContext fails in 2.4.0
comment:11 Changed 4 years ago by jeremyhu@…
- Priority changed from major to critical
- Component changed from x11-libs to xserver
- Summary changed from glXCreateContext fails in 2.4.0 to DefaultVisual is incorrect in2.4.0