GLX and X11 cannot render to the same surface
|Reported by:||bhaga@…||Owned by:||jeremyhu@…|
|Keywords:||cadence, x11, infinite, cursor||Cc:|
'Infinite' crosshair in Cadence utilities do not appear using X11 2.3.x and X11 2.4.x on Mac OS 10.5 and above. I have not been able to test this regression on 10.4 or any other Mac OS platform.
The problem exhibits itself in the newest Cadence toolset release 16.2. OpenGL is now used to render the work area, which is new from the last release. When normal crosshairs are used, the cursor is visible at all times (when expected). When 'infinite' crosshairs are used, the cursor is not visible at any time. If the user turns off OpenGL rendering for the work area, the infinite cursor appears and works as expected.
To verify, when the tool is used using the latest release of Xorg on RedHat, this problem is not observed. As I use this on a remote Linux (RHEL 4 or 5) host, setting LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1 did not solve the problem.
This is a major problem for our engineers who widely use the infinite cursor in their work (it is very useful to be able to see where they are all of the way to the edges of the work area.
Change History (5)
comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by jeremyhu@…
- Milestone set to 2.4.1
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Version set to 2.3.3 (xserver-1.4)
comment:2 Changed 6 years ago by jeremyhu@…
- Milestone changed from 2.4.1 to OpenGL.framework DRI
- Priority changed from major to critical
comment:3 Changed 5 years ago by jeremyhu@…
- Component changed from xserver to GLX
- Summary changed from 'Infinite' Crosshairs in Cadence Utilities Missing (2.3.x and 2.4.x) to GLX and X11 cannot render to the same surface
comment:4 Changed 5 years ago by jeremyhu@…
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Status changed from assigned to closed