Ticket #346 (closed usability: fixed)
pointer events are clipped to old display bounds after display configuration change
|Reported by:||tgl@…||Owned by:||jeremyhu@…|
I routinely add and remove an external monitor while working with my laptop. Once in a long while, quartz-wm will not allow me to drag windows onto the newly added screen area after adding the external monitor. I can drag the window almost all the way onto it, but not quite all --- a pixel or so has to stay behind. It looks a lot like the WM isn't aware of the added screen space and is not letting me drag the window to what it thinks is off screen.
In the case I saw today, I actually had to reboot the machine to get things back to normal. I don't recall having had to do that in the past; IIRC, I've gotten out of it by sleeping the machine momentarily, or possibly by restarting X11. Neither of those worked this time.
I saw this today with 2.5.0_beta2 and have seen it in the past with older versions. Unfortunately, it's fairly rare and I have no idea how to reproduce it. Just filing this to make the issue visible.
Underlying system is 10.6, early-2008 MBP.
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to fixed
- Component changed from quartz-wm to xserver
- Milestone set to 2.5.0
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Priority changed from minor to major
- Summary changed from quartz-wm sometimes fails to account for newly-added monitor to pointer events are clipped to old display bounds after display configuration change