Ticket #359 (closed usability: fixed)
AIGLX: Running Complex OpenGL Qt3 app from Linux via XQuartz Generates MANY "X Error: BadRequest" Errors
|Reported by:||Daryl@…||Owned by:||jeremyhu@…|
|Keywords:||X11 X Error BadRequest OpenGL PLIB SSG||Cc:|
Description (last modified by jeremyhu@…) (diff)
I am accesssing my OpenSUSE 11.1 system via XQuartz (version 2.5.0_rc1) to develop and test my KDE3/Qt3/OpenGL applications.
For my more complex OpenGL apps, I use PLIB's SSG (simple scene graph, see <http://plib.sourceforge.net/> and <http://plib.sourceforge.net/ssg/index.html>) to load and render OpenFlight-format 3D models. When I run directly on the Linux system, it works perfectly.
When I run via XQuartz from my Mac, though, I get many MANY errors of the type:
X Error: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation) 1 Major opcode: 147 Minor opcode: 179 Resource id: 0x2200376
The error type is always the same, and I believe that major and minor opcodes are always the same as well.
These Qt apps also crash when quitting them only when run via XQuartz, but this isn't a huge concern for me.
The X Errors are a problem, though, as many MANY of them are generated, causing a very noticeable drop in the performance of the KDE3/Qt3/OpenGL app. Otherwise, though, the application appears to work fine and the 3D models are rendered beautifully via XQuartz.
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Description modified (diff)
- Milestone changed from 2.5.0 to OpenGL.framework DRI
comment:15 Changed 3 years ago by jeremyhu@…
- Version changed from dev (xorg-server-1.7-apple) to 2.5.0 (xserver-1.7)
- Component changed from quartz-wm to GLX
comment:17 Changed 3 years ago by jeremyhu@…
- Summary changed from Running Complex OpenGL Qt3 app from Linux via XQuartz Generates MANY "X Error: BadRequest" Errors to AIGLX: Running Complex OpenGL Qt3 app from Linux via XQuartz Generates MANY "X Error: BadRequest" Errors