Ticket #478 (closed usability: fixed)
Hide X11 (Cmd-H) should trigger leaving fullscreen mode
|Reported by:||pelle@…||Owned by:||jeremyhu@…|
While randr is very nice, it'd be even more great if it was possible to use Cmd-H to temporarily hide Xquartz. Currently, if I press Cmd-H while in randr mode, the screen will go black and nothing else happens. The only thing you can do after that is to press Cmd-Option-A to escape randr.
This is a regression from before randr captured the screen. Before that Cmd-H worked as expected.
Steps to reproduce: Open an xterm xrandr -s 1 Cmd-H
Expected result: Screen uncaptured Xquartz hidden.
Actual result: Black screen. No possible interaction except Cmd-Option-A or Cmd-Option-Escape.
Notes: It seems the Xquartz is hidden but still in charge of the captured display. Perhaps it'd be possible to simple uncapture the screen if a hide app event is received, and recapture it when reactivated.
- Status changed from new to closed
- Version set to 2.6.2 (xserver-1.10.1)
- Resolution set to invalid
- Milestone set to 2.7.0
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution invalid deleted
- Status changed from reopened to new
- Priority changed from Not Set to Important
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Summary changed from Cmd-H broken in randr mode to Hide X11 (Cmd-H) should trigger leaving fullscreen mode