Ticket #593 (assigned usability)
Monoprice tablet sends events as cursor (probably NSUnknownPointingDevice)
|Reported by:||c55inator@…||Owned by:||jeremyhu@…|
|Keywords:||monoprice uc logic tablet pressure sensitivity strokes not appearing||Cc:|
I switched to a new Monoprice [UC-Logic] tablet recently. It works perfectly in non-Xquartz apps [Seashore and ArtRage as well as the system pen panel], but in programs running through Xquartz it cannot make strokes. It can click menus and UI, but any lines I try to make on the canvas [In both GIMP and MyPaint] do not appear. Changing both the pen and Xquartz virtual pointer to "disabled" mode allows the tablet to be used as a mouse, but no pressure sensitivity is recognized.
Furthermore, when testing input events [and the pen mode set to screen] the only events recognized on the Monoprice tablet are "Enter" and "Leave", no button presses or motion events. When set to disabled, motion and button presses are noticed, but pressure is still not recorded.
I can attach any screeshots/casts or provide more system information if necessary. I use Xquartz-based art programs daily so I am very interested in getting this fixed.
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to invalid
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution invalid deleted
- Milestone set to 2.7.3
- Status changed from reopened to new
- Summary changed from Monoprice tablet is not recognized by Xquartz to Monoprice tablet sends events as cursor (probably NSUnknownPointingDevice)