This release contains Xquartz-1.3.0-apple20.
Download X11-2.2.1.pkg, and open it to install with Leopard's Installer. As of 2.2.0, you do not need to have Leopard's X11 package installed (but it is alright if you do).
OS-X 10.5.2 or later is required to install this package.
Mac OS-X Updates
You will need to re-install this package after future OS and Security Updates delivered through Apple's Software Update.
Because we've changed the way launchd starts the server, you will need to logout after installation.
The software supporting the deprecated imake build system is not provided in this package. If you need imake and xmkmf, please install the X11 package that came with your Leopard DVD before installing this version. Alternatively, you can compile these packages on your own or get them from a third party such as Fink or MacPorts. The darwin configuration files used by the imake build system are outdated and not supported. Developers using this build system are advised to migrate to autoconf.
Changes in 2.2.1
- All changes in 220.127.116.11 plus:
- All packages updated to versions intended to ship as part of X11R7.4 (as of 2008.04.21):
- dri2proto 1.1
- xf86driproto 2.0.4
- Fixed "closing X11 window swaps spaces" bug
- Fixed multiple crash-causing bugs
- Fixed cmd-tab to properly move all windows forward when entering X11.app
- Enabled support for keyboard beep
- Cleaned up multi-monitor support (still not completely bulletproof)